Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Judge Not, Lest You Be Judged!

Matthew 7:1-5 (The Message Bible) DO NOT JUDGE!
Jesus said, “Don’t pick on people, jump on their failures, criticize their faults— unless, of course, you want the same treatment. That critical spirit has a way of boomeranging. It’s easy to see a smudge on your neighbor’s face and be oblivious to the ugly sneer on your own. Do you have the nerve to say, ‘Let me wash your face for you,’ when your own face is distorted by contempt? It’s this whole traveling road-show mentality all over again, playing a holier-than-thou part instead of just living your part. Wipe that ugly sneer off your own face, and you might be fit to offer a washcloth to your neighbor."
Do we, I'm speaking to those of us who are Christians, understand the impact our critical spirit, or should I say our verbal expressions about what we are against, has on those who are not Christians?
I just wonder how often we think before we speak out against something or someone?
We gossip saying things such as; "I can't believe they are filing bankruptcy and can't pay their bills"..."I didn't know their son was gay."..."This is her third marriage!"..."Their daughter is pregnant and isn't even married! What a shame!"..."He comes from a Christian home! I can't believe he is acting like that!"..."I can't believe he is wearing skinny jeans and has gages, he's leading worship and should dress appropriately"...the list goes on and on.
Someone said to me the other day, I'm paraphrasing their words, it's in our "nature" to judge others but why do we put them on blast? Meaning, we post stuff on social media sites about our disapproval of another's actions...This hit me where God wanted it to, my heart!
Their point: Christians are known for what/who they HATE instead of Who we LOVE...
I hate sin because His Holy Spirit in me hates it! I hate sin because Jesus was crucified for my sins, your sins, the world's sins! Christians are called to flee from all sins, to pray for others, to live worthy of the gospel, to live in peace with our brothers and sisters, BUT above all we are called to LOVE God with all our being and to LOVE our neighbor! We are not called to JUDGE the world's sins! We are called to go into the world and share the LOVE of Jesus and believe that HE IS BIG ENOUGH TO CONVICT THE WORLD OF THEIR SINS and draw them to Himself!
Lets check ourselves before we blast another person for their sin. I have found that I am less critical, less judgmental of others when I am on my knees at my Savior's feet! Why? Because being at His feet, I am reminded that HE DIED FOR MY SINS! We all need His grace! If you have experienced His grace, and yet have an "ugly sneer" on your face, will that draw others to the cross? I know from experience, it pushes people in the opposite direction. So why not silently carry them to the Jesus in prayer...
Lord, I am guilty of this very thing! Please forgive me and help me to live as YOU!
From my heart to yours <3 p="">
 

No comments:

Post a Comment